In order to change the WiFi password on Linksys WRT32X, let’s first see its features. The Linksys WRT32X AC3200 is a robust router mainly used for gaming and streaming. If you have one of these at home, then you should stay here, because we are going to know about it a little bit better. This router in particular is capable of delivering up to 600Mbps on its 2.4GHz network and up to 2600Mbps on its 5GHz network.
This tutorial will show you some of the router’s internal settings; like how to access to the interface and change the wireless password. We also are going to provide you some images to guide you through the whole process.
Access to the router’s interface (Linksys WRT32X)
Down here we show you a step by step guide to grant the access to the router. Please, we suggest you to do only what we do on the steps.
- Connect the router to the PC through an ethernet cable.
- Run a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 or http://myrouter.local
- After you do this, it will show you a screen asking you for the admin password. The default password for this model is admin, but you should check the router’s label to confirm.
- You just enter the password and press login. After you do it, the interface will come up.
Note: If you previously changed the accessing password, you must type in the new password. If you don’t remember the password then you must restart the router. You do the restarting by just pressing the restart button for at least 10 seconds.
Change the wireless key (Linksys WRT32X)
It is very easy to change the WiFi key in this model. After you access to the router’s interface, you follow the next steps.
- At this point, you are going to be at the dashboard. Go click on the WiFi Settings option like in the image below.
- You will see the two different networks names and their passwords. Just edit them as you wish.
- Also, you have the option to change the Security Type, which is a type of encryption to secure your network. Usually, we recommend keeping the WPA2, because it is the nowadays more secure encryption.
- After you finish with these settings don’t forget to save the changes.
After you follow all the instructions up here, you will know how to change the wireless passphrase or WiFi password on Linksys WRT32X.