The Netgear C7800 provides a connection between the internet service provider’s network and the computer, device or router. This model in particular has the same procedures to follow to access to its settings as other routers published in our website.
This time I am about to explain in detail, how easily you can access to the Netgear C7800. I warn you, that the information down here may vary depending on the router’s firmware update. But the options may still be the same, just try to follow the images as shown in this tutorial.
Access to the Netgear C7800
- Connect via cable the router to your PC, either way the connection may be lost if you use a wireless device to access to its settings and change the wireless password.
- Open a web browser of your preference and type the next address or IP http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.0.1.
- You will see a screen asking you for a username and a password to get the access.
- Type admin for the username and password for the password. If it is the first time you access to the router then it will automatically ask you to change the password for a new one.
- It will also ask you to enter a security question and answer.
- After all this, you will be ready to change the router’s settings.
Change Wireless settings on the Netgear C7800
- Automatically, as soon as you finish the previous steps, you will be redirected to the Basic home page.
- Then select the Wireless Setup tab.
- Here you will see the settings for the 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz network, so you decide which one to edit (in this case we show the 2.4Ghz network).
- As you see, there is a box where you are able to change the SSID (network name).
- You can select the Security Options as you prefer (we recommend the WPA2-PSK).
- At the bottom, you will see the Passphrase box, where you can edit it as you wish. Bearing in mind that it has to be 8-63 characters or 64 hex digits.
- When you finish editing everything just Apply the changes.