It is easy to change the WiFi password on Linksys E3000, but first, let’s see its features. The Linksys E3000 is probably the best Linksys router, so, if you have one of these at home, then, you can say you have a great device with you. Furthermore, here, you will learn more about the internal settings of this router.
Please pay close attention to the steps that we provide you on this tutorial. In order to have the best experience, you will see some images to guide you through the whole process.
This specific model (Linksys E3000) has many features, but here we let you know the main ones:
- Simple and password-protected internet access.
- WPA or WPA2, and other security features.
- Up to 300Mbps wireless speed.
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps wired speed.
- Extended wireless coverage.
- Good for wireless gaming and HD video streaming.
You may also want to check for these similar routers:
This website was first made to inform you of how it is possible to change the WiFi passphrase of your router. But we decided to explain some additional information. Down here we explain more in detail what this is about.
Access to the Linksys E3000
- You need to first connect via cable, the router to the PC.
- Then, you have to run the browser of your preference, for example google chrome.
- On the typing bar just type the IP address 192.168.1.1 and press enter.
- Immediately it will show you a dialog box to enter the username and the password.
- The default username and password are admin. Press enter and it is going to redirect you to the router’s interface.
Change the Wireless password on the Linksys E3000
- The main step after been on the main page, is to go to the Wireless tab on the top menu.
- Then, you have to click on the Basic Wireless Settings option.
- In this screen you have the settings to change the Network Name, either for the 5Ghz or the 2.4Ghz networks. Just edit the name on the field and you will be done.
- Save the settings by clicking on that option.
- After that, you have to go to Wireless Security.
- There, you have the Security Mode (WPA2 recommended) and also the Passphrase (WiFi key). Edit them as you wish.
- Finally, you just have to save the settings.
These are the steps you have to follow if you want to change the Wireless Passphrase or WiFi password on Linksys E3000. You can comment below if you have a suggestion or if you need some help.