To change the WiFi password on Linksys E2500 let’s check its details. The Linksys E2500 is one of the best Linksys routers, so, it could be a great choice. And if you want to change some settings in it, then, this is the guide for you.
The main subject of this guide is going to be; how to access or change the wireless password of your device. Some images will be guiding you in the whole process. We recommend you to pay close attention to the steps and also we suggest you to change only the settings described in this tutorial.
This specific model (Linksys E2500) has many features, but here we let you know the main ones:
- High speed up to 300 Mbps for the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz network.
- Excellent range with MIMO antenna array.
- Simultaneous dual-band.
- WPA/WPA2 encryption and an SPI firewall.
- Fast Ethernet 10/100 Mbps ports.
You may also want to check for these similar routers:
The website was first made to explain how it is possible to change the WiFi key of your router. Anyways we will explain some additional information. Please stay here and read what is coming up next.
Access to the Linksys E2500
- First, you need to connect the router to the PC via cable.
- After you do it, please, access to the browser of your preference and type the next IP address 192.168.1.1.
- Right away the system will show a screen to type the username and the password.
- The default credentials are admin for both; username and password.
- After you introduce the credentials you press enter and it will redirect you to the router’s main home screen.
Change the Wireless password on the Linksys E2500
- The first step you have to follow is to get into the Wireless tab on the top menu.
- Then, you have to access the Basic Wireless Settings.
- You will see the Network Name for the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz networks. You edit whichever you want.
- Finally, save the settings to go head.
- Then, you select the Wireless Security option. Here you have the password, either for the 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz network.
- Edit the Passphrase and also choose the Security Mode. We always recommend using WPA2, because it is nowadays a more secure option.
- Finally, just save the changes after finishing with the settings.
These are the steps required to change the WiFi Key or WiFi password on Linksys E2500. Also, the steps to change some other settings.