In order to change the WiFi password on Linksys E2000, let’s first see its features. The Linksys E2000 is an excellent choice if you decide to get a Linksys router. In the next paragraphs, we will be showing you how to access to the router’s internal settings.
Some images will be shown in order to have a better experience while setting up your device. Please we recommend you to set only what you see on this tutorial.
This specific model (Linksys E2000) has many features, but here we let you know the main ones:
- Simple and password-protected Internet access.
- WPA, WPA2, and other security features.
- Up to 300Mbps wireless speeds.
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps wired speed.
- Extended wireless coverage.
You may also want to check for these similar routers:
The website was made to explain how to change the wireless passphrase of your router. Anyways we explain also some additional things. Please keep reading what we have for you.
Access to the Linksys E2000
- First of all we have to connect the router to the PC through a cable connection.
- Then, you should run one of your favorite web browsers, in our case google chrome.
- You have to type the recommended IP address, in this case 192.168.1.1.
- After you do this, it is going to ask you for the username and the password.
- You have to introduce admin on both cases. Then press enter and immediately it will redirect you to the main screen.
Change the Wireless password on the Linksys E2000
- First of all, we have to go to the Wireless option, which is on the top menu of the screen.
- Then, you should access to the Basic Wireless Settings like on the image below.
- At this point, you can edit the Network Name SSID. This is the name that will identify your network.
- After you finished, please save the settings.
- Then, you have to go to Wireless Security. Here you have the option to change the Security Mode. We suggest you to choose the WPA2 because it is more secure.
- On the Passphrase field you have to edit it as you wish.
- Finally, save the settings.
This guide already taught you how to change the wireless passphrase or WiFi password on Linksys E2000. Please don’t hesitate in commenting below.