It is easy to change the WiFi password on Linksys E1550, but first, let’s see its features. The Linksys E1550 is a good choice, cause, it might be one of the best Linksys routers. I bet you would like to stay here in order to know more about this great device.
This tutorial is based mainly on getting you to know about the router’s internal settings. We recommend you to follow the steps to the letter to have a better experience.
This specific model (Linksys E1550) has many features, but here we let you know the main ones:
- MIMO technology to deliver improved range.
- Up to 300 Mbps data transfer speed.
- WPA or WPA2 encryption security and SPI firewall protection.
- Parental control.
You may also want to check for these similar routers:
This website was first made to explain how to change the WiFi password of your router. Anyways we explain some additional things. Please allow you to read what is coming up next.
Access to the Linksys E1550
- The very first step here, is to connect the router via cable to the PC.
- Then, you have to open a web browser of your preference (firefox, explorer, chrome, etc.).
- In the URL bar, type the default IP address 192.168.1.1 and press enter.
- You will receive a dialog box asking you for a username and a password, which are admin for both.
- Finally, the system will redirect you to the interface’s main page.
Change the Wireless password on the Linksys E1550
- First of all, you have to click on the Wireless tab on the top menu.
- Then, you go to the Basic Wireless Settings.
- Here you have the chance to change the Network Name SSID. Just re-type the SSID box.
- Finally, just save the changes.
- Then, you go to Wireless Security.
- Then, you can select the Security Mode. It is recommended to use the WPA2.
- Furthermore, on Passphrase; this is the wireless password, you just edit it as you wish.
- Finally, you save the changes.
On this little guide, we explained to you the basic steps to change the WiFi key or WiFi password on Linksys E1550. Also, we learned about the additional internal settings. Please let us know if you need additional help.