To change the WiFi password on Linksys E1200 let’s check its details. The Linksys E1200 is a good option if you decide to start with a Linksys router. If you want to know more about it, then, you should stay here. We are going to explain to you a few things about the internal settings of this device.
This tutorial is going to be explained also with images, so, you won’t get lost. Please follow the procedures exactly as we explain here.
This specific model (Linksys E1200) has many features, but here we let you know the main ones:
- Wireless transfer speeds of up to 300Mbps.
- MIMO antenna technology.
- Security features such as WPA2 wireless encryption and an integrated firewall.
You may also want to check for these similar routers:
This website was mainly made to explain how to edit the wireless password of your router. Anyways we have to explain some additional things. Please keep reading down here.
Access to the Linksys E1200
- The very first step is always going to be to connect the router to the PC via cable.
- The second step, is to access to your favorite web browser (explorer, chrome, firefox, etc).
- You have to type the IP address recommended for this model, which is 192.168.1.1.
- Right after, it will ask you for the username and password to access the interface.
- The default credentials are admin for the username and password. Then, it will redirect you to the router’s main screen.
Change the Wireless password on the Linksys E1200
- Right now you are on the home page, so, you have to access to the Wireless tab.
- Then, you click on the Basic Wireless Settings. Here you have the Network Name (SSID).
- You can edit the name of your network anytime you want.
- Finally, save the settings.
- Then, you go to Wireless Security.
- Here you will have the Security Mode. We recommend you to use the WPA2, which is more secure for your network.
- On the Passphrase box you just edit it for a better one.
- Finally, just save the changes.
This tutorial was made to let you know how to change the wireless passphrase or WiFi password on Linksys E1200, and we hope we accomplished our goal.