In order to change the WiFi password on Linksys E1000, let’s first see its features. The Linksys E1000 is a good choice if you decide to buy a Linksys type router. If you want to know about its internal settings, you should stay on this guide. We have many instructions on how to access and change the wireless settings of this device.
In the whole process, we have many instructive images that will guide you through the complete tutorial. Please try to do just what we tell you to do, to have the best experience.
This specific model (Linksys E1000) has many features, but here we let you know the main ones:
- Up to 300 Mbit/s wireless speed.
- Simple and password-protected internet access
- IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u.
- WPA, WPA2, and other security features.
You may also want to check for these similar routers:
This website was mainly made to explain how to change the wireless password of your router. Anyways we explain some additional things. Also, we suggest you to keep reading down here.
Access to the Linksys E1000
- The first step is always to connect the router via a cable connection to the computer.
- After you do it, please access to your favorite browser, in my case I am using chrome.
- Then, you have to type the default IP address. In this case, it is going to be 192.168.1.1.
- The system will ask you for a username and a password. In both cases you have to introduce admin.
- Finally, after entering the default credentials, you will get to the router’s main screen.
Change the Wireless password on the Linksys E1000
- At this point, you will be at the interface’s home screen, so, you have to click on Wireless.
- Then, you have to click on the Basic Wireless Settings.
- After that, you will be able to change the Network Name or SSID. This is the name that you will see on the wireless network when connecting a device.
- Remember to save the settings at the end.
- Then, you have to click on Wireless Security, where you are going to be able to change the wireless passphrase.
- You just edit the box where it says Passphrase.
- Also, you will see the Security Mode. Here you have to select which type of security you would like. We recommend you the WPA2.
- Finally, remember to save the settings.
We hope you found on this guide, what you were looking for. In this case we mainly explained how to change the WiFi Key or WiFi password on Linksys E1000.