The Arris SVG2482ac uses DOCSIS 3.0 technology that helps provide ultra high-speed internet access wherever it is located. You can connect your client device to the network either by one of the four Ethernet ports provided or by the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connections. It also comes with a WiFi Pairing button (WPS) that helps connect your WPS enabled devices in an easy and quick manner.
Change the WiFi password on Arris SVG2482ac
- The first step is to type the IP address 10.0.0.1 in a web browser; this address is the default one for XFINITY routers.
- When the login screen comes up, type user and password as the values for the appropriate fields and click the LOGIN button.
- Once you are logged in, if you haven’t changed the default password to access the router settings, a message box is shown asking whether you would like to change it. If you press OK, a screen where you can enter the new password is displayed. It is recommended that you change your admin password periodically. After the first time, this is done from the Troubleshooting > Change Password menu.
- From the web manager screen, go to Gateway > Connection > WiFi and click the EDIT button for either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi range depending on the wireless frequency you are setting up for your network.
- Go ahead and enter the wireless password in the Network Password field; the password can include any combination of letters, numbers and/or special characters. If you choose Show Network Password you can see such password while editing it. Note: From here, you may change various settings besides the WiFi password, such as the Network Name, Mode, Security Mode, Channel, etc. Keep in mind that the WPA/WPA2-PSK security mode is chosen by default. Anyways this is the recommended option since it provides the highest security and performance for your WiFi Network.
- Once you are finished with the edition, click the SAVE SETTINGS button in order to save your changes.
Any additional information referent to this router you can contact me. Could be by commenting in the comments box below or by sending me an email.