The Arris SURFboard SBG7580-AC is a great combination of DOCSIS 3.0 (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) cable modem and four port Ethernet router complemented with the WiFi. DOCSIS 3.0 is the coaxial cable definitive solution to get a high, fast, efficient and stable internet connection.
Down in this page you will find everything you need to achieve our main goal in this website which is to change the WiFi password of the router. It should be noted that the interface may change a little bit due to the device updates.
Procedures to change the WiFi password on Arris SURFboard SBG7580-AC
- First step to follow, is to access to your favorite web browser an enter to the next IP address 192.168.0.1.
- The login screen will be displayed, and you just have to enter the default user name (admin) and the default password (password). If the default user name and password are not allowing you to login, then you will have to contact your Internet Service Provider for technical support.
- When you are inside the web manager you are going to be looking at the Basic Setup screen. Here you will have all the information about your Wireless connection. That includes the WiFi name and the WiFi password, both of them will be ready to be changed.
- You will see the Wireless 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Network. You will choose and edit the most convenient network for yourself.
- Go to the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box to change the WiFi name (optional).
- Go to the Pre-shared key box to change the WiFi password.
- After all this, you just have to Apply changes and everything is going to be OK.
These are the basics and easiest steps you have to follow to set up your wireless network on this device. Remember that the interface may vary depending the update you are using with the router.