The Sagemcom Fast 1704 n allows ADSL2+ bringing to your home or office a huge speed access, either for streaming, gaming, downloading or uploading.
In the next paragraphs, we are going to explain the best possible way on how to change some settings on your router, like how to access, what to do if you need to reset, how to change the network name or how to change the wireless key, etc.
Please follow the steps below in order to configure your modem the right way.
How to login to Sagemcom Fast 1704 n
Please make sure to follow the steps as we suggest you to do it:
- The first thing you have to do is to open a web browser.
- Type one of this IP addresses 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.254.254.
- Then you need to type the username and password. Use admin for both cases.
- After you do all this, you will be redirected to the interface Main Home Screen.
How to change the network name or SSID (Sagemcom Fast 1704 n)
These steps are going to be followed after you access to the device by following the steps up here:
- Go to the Wireless tab.
- Then on your left, go to the Basic tab.
- Next head to SSID, type the new name on the blank space, avoid personal info.
- Scroll down and select Apply/Save.
- Look on your left again and choose Security.
- There is a drop-down list titled Select SSID, now choose the new name from there (Image in the next paragraph).
- Finally, click on Apply/Save.
Change the WiFi passphrase on your Sagemcom Fast 1704 n
- Once on the main page, go and click Security.
- After this, select the SSID that you changed previously.
- Go to Network Authentication and now your best option is to select WPA2-PSK from the list.
- Then on WPA Pre-Shared Key type the new password or edit the old one.
- To finish click on Apply/Save.
How to change the IP address of your router:
- After you have logged in to the main page, on your left click on Advanced Setup.
- Then you should click on LAN.
- Next on the new page, you will see IP Address, proceed and type the new address, remember is recommended that ends in a 1. For example 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1.
- The final step is to click on Apply/Save.
How to reset your Modem:
Sometimes happens that you forget your password and your only choice is to reset your device. You do this, by following these simple steps to succeed:
- Look on the back of your device for a reset button.
- Press on it for about 30 seconds.
- To push it you have to get a pin, cause it is a tiny button.
- Finally, just wait until the system reboot.
With these steps up here you will be able to change the WiFi passphrase on your router.You can go to the official Windstream Page to check for more windstream routers.