In order to change the WiFi password on Nighthawk R6700, let’s first see its features. When we talk about routers, we have to mention the Netgear Nighthawk R6700. With three antennas you can make your WiFi work even in a big house.
It is important to remember that the location of your device is crucial if you want to get the best performance out of it, never against a wall. An open area is what we recommend. Something else, if you do not have good ventilation where you decide to locate your router, it might not work correctly.
A very good trick, is to get a power supply fan attached to an old ac adaptor and use it to cool down the router.
In this tutorial we are going to explain to you how to access to the router and how you can change the wireless key. If something goes wrong when modifying some settings, you can always go back just by resetting your router
To reset your router you have to go to the back of your device and using a paperclip you can hold press the reset button for at least 10 seconds. Everything will be factory restored.
In order to have access to the inner settings of the system just keep reading below and you will be able to modify what you need.
How to configure the NETGEAR R6700 (change the WiFi key)
Follow the steps below to get to the main page and change the Wifi password:
- First, open your web browser (opera, firefox, chrome, etc.).
- Then type the following IP address 192.168.0.1
- Next, you will need to know the username and password to access to the interface, which are admin and password by default for both.
- Now once on the man page, it is imperative that you change the wifi password on your device.
- Let’s start by clicking on the Advanced tab.
- Then, click on the Wireless Setup option.
- Once there, take the opportunity to change the SSID (network name). The network name makes easier for you the identification of your network. Also remember not to use personal information when you are editing the new network name.
- Now, set the Security Options by choosing WPA2 (recommended one).
- Then go into Password (Network Key) and edit or create the new password.
- After everything is perfectly set up just press on Apply to save the changes.
If you follow exactly what we show you here, you will be able to edit or change the wireless passphrase or WiFi password on Nighthawk R6700