It is easy to change the WiFi password on D-Link EXO Dir-2660, but first, let’s see its features. The D-Link EXO Dir-2660 is a good Windstream option is you want a fast speed internet connection at home or at your office. Please follow this tutorial as we show in here, so, you will enjoy the best experience ever.
The next guide will be of a lot of help mostly because it can not only help you with the Dir-2660 but there are also other compatible models within this guide like for example the DIR-1360, DIR-1760, DIR-1960, and the DIR-3060. These are very similar not just in the outside but the inside as well, therefore what you going to see is going to be very useful, keep reading below to know how to proceed.
In the next lines we explain the internal router settings, but especially we talk about how to change the wireless passphrase of the D-Link EXO Dir-2660.
How to Login to the D-Link EXO Dir-2660:
- The first thing you got to do is in your PC or Wireless device open your browser.
- Then type this IP address 192.168.0.1 or this web page https://dlinkrouter.local./
- Next, you will be required to log in using your username and password.
- Use admin for the username and leave it blank for the password.
Please note that if you try to access from a wireless device to get the default password look on the back of the router, where you will find the SSID default name as well.
Change the WiFi key of the D-Link EXO Dir-2660:
As you follow the next instructions, you will learn how to change the WiFi Passphrase of your router:
- Once on the main page, you will see four tabs on the right corner.
- Select Settings and then click on Wireless.
- Now you will see that the system gives you two options either 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz network. If you decide you can configure both. The 2.4 GHz WiFi frequency is the slowest but works at a larger distance and it can pass through walls, also if you put the router close to a device that works on the same frequency it can cause interference. With the 5 GHz basically you get higher speeds at the cost of the lower range.
- Next on the WiFi name or SSID you can edit the name however you wish. Please avoid using personal information.
- Now on the Password field type a new one.
- Finally click on save.
If you follow this guide you will be able to change the wireless passphrase or WiFi password on EXO Dir-2660. Please let us know if you need additional help.