In this tutorial I will show you how you can easily change the WiFi password of your router FiOS G1100. The FiOS let you distribute and transmit the information to multiple devices, either at the office or at home. It should be noted that this router supports WiFi, Coaxial Cable or Ethernet networking.
The wireless networking allows you to forget about cables or plugs, making the devices more accessible and easier to use. Down here the steps for changing the WiFi password on this device.
Steps to follow for changing the WiFi password on FiOS G1100
Enter to the router address
- Open a web browser and access to myfiosgateway.com then press enter key, or you can either access to https://192.168.1.1
- A little box will appear to enter the admin password, which is printed on the side label of the router. You should note that the WiFi password is different than the admin password.
- If this is the first time you or anybody else access to the router, then an easy setup wizard will be displayed to setup the initiation process where you just have to follow the steps that the screen shows you. In one of the setup steps will appear a screen with the personalize options of the WiFi, where you will have the chance to change the Admin password, the WiFi name and WiFi password like the image below.
As you can see, if you are accessing to the router for the first time, then, changing the WiFi password will be very easy, and that is because the setup wizard at the beginning will help you to do it.
Update the wireless section
- As soon as you get into the router by following the previous steps, then, you will be able to see the Main Screen. You just have to access to the WIRELESS SETTINGS at the left top side of the page.
- Immediately go to Basic Security Settings and make sure that the 2.4GHz wireless option is on. After this, if you want you can change the SSID (Service Set Identifier) down there to change the WiFi name and then apply changes.
- Click on Advance Security Settings on the left side of the page and make sure that WPA2 (high level of security on WiFi passwords) on the 2.4GHz security side is selected.
- After this you will be taken to the WPA2 page, where you just enter your desired password (pre-shared key) and leave the group key update interval as it shows the picture, then press apply.
If you follow the steps as you see on this tutorial then you will be able to change your WiFi password at any time you want.