The Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC3200 is a router that comes with 6 antennas for better performance, works on Tri-Band. In terms of networking means one at 2.4 GHz band and two of 5 GHz bands, so the WiFi delivers a combined speed up to 3200 Mbps WiFi.
We can break them down as follows:
- For the 2.4 GHz band, the max is 600 Mbps on the standard (802.11n).
- The 5 GHz band no.1 works with a max of 1300 Mbps on (802.11ac).
- The 5 GHz band no.2 basically gives support and works together with number 1 at the same speed.
Basically this type of device is used to extend your network infrastructure. If you look at the rear panel, you will find an internet port where you connect the line from your main modem. It has four Ethernet ports, one USB port of 3.0 and one 2.0, and of course a reset button.
Change the basic settings (WiFi key) of the Netgear R8000 series:
- Open a web browser from your computer or wireless device (The factory wireless password can be found in the rear of your router).
- Next you should type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- A login page will show up, type admin as username and password as the main key.
- Once on the home page, head to Wireless tab.
- SelectEnable SSID Broadcast checkbox.
- It is optional, but if you want to change the name of your Network you can do so by typing on the Name (SSID) field, which can be up to 32 characters.
- On the security option select WAPA2-PSK(AES). This one because in terms of security is the strongest.
- Then go and type the password key of your WiFi where it says Password (Network Key).
- Finally, click on Apply.
Modifying the speed of your router:
- By following the steps shown above, you can easily get to the Basic and Wireless settings.
- Now for the 2.4 GHz frequency, on the list that says Mode. The default speeds are up to 600 Mbps. Other settings are up to 289 Mbps and Up to 54 Mbps.
- The 5 GHz frequencies since you have available #1 and #2 you can either make them work together, by selecting the Smart connect box, or separated by un-checking it.
- On the Mode list, You can reduce the speeds from Up to 1300 Mbps to Up to 600 Mbps and Up to 289 Mbps.
- Finally, click on Apply to save the changes.
You already know how to change the wireless password of your router. Please visit our Verizon Page to know more about other Verizon routers.