The Motorola MR2600 is one of the 10 top list best Verizon recommended routers. This one delivers a powerful wireless range, anyways the range will be limited depending on some issues. Some of those issues may include weak wireless clients or many devices that you connect to the router may have not as powerful wireless signal.
The main features for the Motorola MR2600 could be:
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports.
- Up to 2600 Mb/s Data Throughput.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi Protocol.
- Dual-Band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Frequencies.
Here we explain you some things you have to know before starting with your Motorola MR2600. We explain you how to access to the router, how to change internal settings, how to change the SSID, how to reset the router, etc.
Before starting, if you are using a modem, turn it off and remove its battery (if it has one). After ten seconds, plug back again the battery (if it has one) and then turn on again the modem.
How to access to the Motorola MR2600
In the the next lines we have to explain the main ways to get the access to this router:
- Open the web browser of your preference (explorer, firefox, chrome, etc).
- The default IP address for this router is http://192.168.1.1/. If this IP does not work, try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1.
- Type the IP address in the URL bar of the browser and press enter.
- Then, you will see the dialog box to enter the username and the password.
- Type admin for the username and motorola for the password (usually it asks you only for the password), then press enter. If these credentials do not work, then try router router or admin admin.
- Finally, you will see the main routers Home Screen.
If you have problems accessing with the credentials, then you should reset your router.
How to reset the Motorola MR2600
- Find the reset button at the back of the router.
- Usually the button is inside a little hole, so you will have to get a pin to press down this button.
- Hold down the button for at least 20 seconds.
- After you do this, the router will be factory restored.
- Remember as long as the router is factory restored, you will lose your wireless connection, so you have to set it up again.
How to change the wireless settings on the Motorola MR2600
- For the beginning, please access to the router. You can use the guide up here to check how to access to it.
- After you are in the main home screen the next steps are very easy.
- Go to WiFi tab and Basic.
- Here you will see all the wireless settings that you need.
- You have the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network (in this case we use the 2.4Ghz).
- Here you can edit the SSID (network name).
- Also you can edit your WiFi password.
- After you change everything please Save changes and you will be done.