To change the WiFi password on Linksys EA7500 let’s check its details. This Linksys EA7500 is a great option if you are looking for a router to use at home or at your business; it has the following capabilities:
- Big WiFi coverage.
- It provides internet to many devices at the same high speed.
- If you own a modem you can set it up to work with the router using the Linksys App.
- Moreover, it’s a great choice for gaming, 4k HD streaming and high quality buffering.
- The Linksys EA7500 can also be set up to work in a 5GHz frequency in case you need to do so.
- The installation process is fairly easy.
If you possess a Linksys EA7500 and are interested in knowing how to configure it and its WiFi password; you have come to the right place. Below you may have information on how to achieve so.
These routers have almost the same interface:
Access the router’s web manager
- In order to access the router’s web manager, you may enter http://LinksysSmartWiFi.com in a web browser or just type 192.168.1.1 to start the setup.
- Proceed to enter your router’s password in the Access Router section and click Sign in. You may press the Show hint link to get a hint of what the password is.
- In case of needing more help, access the Help link at the top of the screen.
Set up the WiFi password on the Linksys EA7500
- Go to Wireless under Router Settings on the left menu.
- You can turn on either the 5GHz network or the 2.4GHz one, or both. For activating them just click the toggle Network and make sure it shows the word ON.
- Set password(s) for the network(s) you activated on the password field. If you activated both networks, please choose different passwords for each of them to boost security.
- Click the Apply button to save the changes and then OK to go back to the main screen.
Other notes to consider
- Choose a password that is a combination of characters, numbers, and symbols to make it more secure.
- It is always a good idea to enable HTTPs to increase security. Please do so by going to Connectivity > Administration and under Local Management Access check the box that says HTTPS.
- If after setting up your router you have no internet access you can try the following tips to solve the issue:
- Press and hold the reset button in the router for about 10 seconds to do a factory reset and install it again.
- The issue may be because of a firewall; check if you have one active in your computer and if so, disable it temporarily to confirm that’s the issue.
- Try setting up the device with a different computer.
Today you learned how to change the wireless password on your router and other things. Please feel free to comment if you need some help.