The Arris SBG7400AC2 is a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, a Wave 2 dual-concurrent Wi-Fi Access Point and a 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router in one device. Therefore, it’s great for hardcore gamers and streamers.
The device uses Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) and Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) radio technologies and it’s designed to be inter-operable with these types of devices.
You may install a mobile app called ARRIS Secure Internet by McAfee mobile app in order to sync the device and get security, internet access, and in addition, parental control for the connected devices on your WiFi home network. The app is available with free download using the App Store (for Apple devices) or Google Play (for Android devices).
Setup the WiFi passphrase of your Arris SBG7400AC2
Follow the steps shown below to change the WiFi password of the Arris SBG7400AC2:
Log into the Web Manager
- Open a web browser, type 192.168.0.1 in the URL bar and press Enter to open the login screen.
- Unless the admin password had been changed before, type admin in the User Name field and password in the Password field.
- Click Apply to open the manager.
- An alert message is displayed suggesting to download the ARRIS Secure Internet by McAfee mobile App; the app is a free download for both Apple and Android.
- Click the Close button.
Configure the Arris SBG7400AC2
- Click the Wireless 2.4 GHz or Wireless 5 GHz menu button on the manager’s menu bar depending on the frequency range that will be set up for the Wi-Fi.
- Click BASIC from the Wireless sub-menu.
- Turn on the Enable Wireless checkbox (if not already on).
- You need to choose a Security Mode from the drop-down; Open is not secure, WEP has poor security, and the recommended option is the WPA2-PSK (AES).
- Choose a key composed of string or hexadecimal numbers for the Pre-Shared Key field.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Some notes and tips to remember:
- This Modem is very similar to the Arris SBG7600.
- Do not expose this device to rain or moisture, this includes placing it near a bathtub or putting cups filled with liquids on it.
- The device must be installed according to the requirements from the country of use.
- Do not overload outlets or extension cords because this could result in a risk of fire.
- Disconnect the device during lightning activity or power surges.
- Do not spray cleaners directly on the device nor use forced air to remove dust.
Follow these steps to edit the wireless passphrase of your router. Please be aware of our Verizon Page, where we have other Verizon routers.