It is easy to change the WiFi password on Technicolor TC8715D, but first, let’s see its features. The Technicolor TC8715D is a complete router model that will meet all your expectations. It has a high speed wired and wireless coverage. Perfect either for your business or your home, and here you will learn a lot more about this magnificent router provided by the Spectrum internet service provider. Please allow us to explain to you what this guide is about and what subjects are we going to be explaining in the next paragraphs.
In this guide or tutorial we mainly are focusing on the internal settings of the Technicolor TC8715D. We are also providing some images along all the way, so, you will understand better what we are trying to explain.
After this, you will learn how to change the WiFi key, or the network name, and some other things. A good suggestion is to all the time do only what is included in the guide.
The first thing we have to do before setting up the router, is to access to it. Please follow the numbered steps down here to learn how to access to the Technicolor TC8715D.
Access to the Technicolor TC8715D
- The first thing you have to do is to wired connect the router to the PC and run a browser of your preference.
- On the browser, type the default IP address 192.168.0.1. This is the default accessing IP, but if you previously changed, then you should type the new one.
- After you access to the IP, the system will show you a screen asking you for a username (admin) and a password (password). These are also printed on the router’s label.
- Finally, the main home screen will show up after you enter the right credentials.
Change the WiFi settings on the Technicolor TC8715D
- After you access to the router, you will be at the main screen, so you click on the Connection tab to the left and then on Wi-Fi.
- You will see to the right the two networks to edit, either the 2.4Ghz or the 5Ghz. Like in the image below.
- After you choose one of them, you will be redirected to the internal wireless settings of this network. Here you have the Network Name SSID; which can be changed or edited.
- On the Security Mode, please select the WPA2, because it is the safer encryption mode for your network.
- Almost at the end you will see the Network Password; this one is the wireless key of your network. You can edit it and save changes when you are done.
We hope you understood everything in this tutorial. Now you know how to change the WiFi passphrase WiFi password on Technicolor TC8715D.