In order to change the WiFi password on Netgear Nighthawk AX12, let’s first see its features. The Netgear Nighthawk AX12 has an excellent design. It has two extendable antennas very easy to set them up. This router lets you connect to the WiFi if you are within the range. The range will depend on the router’s location. The best place would be on a high platform without object obstructions.
The main purpose of this article is to let you know how to set up the Netgear Nighthawk AX12. So, we are going to show you further information if you keep reading down here. Just make sure to follow the same steps we show. If you don’t know about the router’s settings, you may damage it in the worst-case scenario.
Access to the Netgear Nighthawk AX12
To grant access to this router you may have to follow some steps. These steps are very well detailed in the next paragraph.
- Connect the router via a cable connection to the PC.
- Launch a web browser of your daily use and type the router’s default IP.
- In this case, we use 192.168.1.1 which is the default IP printed in the router’s label.
- After you type the IP and press enter, you will see a message asking you for the username and the password. You just type admin for the username and then you type password for the accessing password.
- Right after you do this, the Home screen will show up.
Change the wireless key on the Netgear Nighthawk AX12
After you access to the Netgear Nighthawk AX12, you will be on the interface’s home page. Here we will show you the steps to follow to change some internal settings on your router. As soon as you are on the home page, it is going to be a very easy procedure to change the settings.
- Go to the Basic tab on the top menu.
- Select Wireless to get access to the Wireless Setup.
- Here you will see the SSID (network name). We recommend you to change it by just editing it.
- On password (network key) you just edit it to change the WiFi password.
- Also, we recommend selecting a Security Option. The best option so far is the WPA2-Personal.
- Finally, just save the changes.
These were the exact steps to follow to change the Wireless Key or WiFi password on Nighthawk AX12. Any doubt please contact us by commenting down here.