The F@st 5260 router comes with some great capabilities for improving your Wi-Fi experience such as a dual-band feature that ensures high Wi-Fi speeds and reliable connections, great security using WPA2 encryption and an SPI firewall, parenting control, IPv6 support, gigabit connections, a web graphical interface for customizing settings and controlling your devices, and built-in USB ports for plugging in your USB storage devices or even a printer and sharing them through the network.
Change the WiFi password on Sagemcom F@st 5260
If you are looking to update the router’s WiFi password you may follow the steps below:
- As in many routers, the first step is to start or launch a web browser and type http://192.168.1.1.
- A login screen is presented to you where you may introduce the appropriate Username and Password. As shown in the label on the back of your router the default values are Username: admin and Password: admin.
- The home page of your router will now appear. Here, a different set of options you can access are shown, such as router settings, access control, internet connectivity, Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz, Wi-Fi 5 GHz, etc.
- Click the Wi-Fi type whose password you want to change (either 2.4 or 5 GHz). The difference between both is that the 2.4GHz frequency is better for larger coverage areas and penetrating solid objects, while the 5GHz one has a higher data rate, is less susceptible to interference, and usually fewer devices are using it.
- Select the tab labeled as Basic.
- You may change the security encryption mode in the Security section; even so, it is highly recommended not to change the default setting (WPA2 Personal) unless one of your devices does not support it.
- Go ahead and enter the new password in the password field (for WPA2 you will require a 8-63 character password, and remember that characters like $ & ? / * can not be used).
- Finally, click Apply in order to save the changes.
- Remember that the settings for the 5Ghz network is the same procedure as in the 2.4Ghz.
- Remember to keep your new password in a safe place. Also, update it in the devices that you wish to connect to the network.