To change the WiFi password on Netgear WNDR 4300 lets first detail the router. The N750 router, edition WNDR 4300 is a dual-band gigabit router that provides a secure and easy way to setup a wireless network at the office or at home with fast access to the internet over a high-speed DSL. It is compatible with all DSL internet service providers. This model is very similar to the WNDR 3800 with just a couple of differences (How to change my WiFi password on Netgear WNDR 3800).
For the WNDR 4300 you might need additional information to set it up, like the ISP configuration information for the DSL account, the ISP login name and password, and the fixed or static IP address. Just don’t forget that there is a difference between the ISP login and the Router login.
When you set up your router with the properly ISP information and you get connected to the internet, the router automatically checks if there is any updates available for the firmware, then if there is a new one, is going to be displayed at the top of the screen, and you just click it if you need it to be installed.
Change the WiFi key on Netgear WNDR 4300 in a couple of steps
- Click on your favorite browser and go to the next address http://www.routerlogin.net. Automatically there is going to be displayed the login screen to enter into the router.
- Log in with the appropriate credentials. You have to enter admin for the user name and password for the password. Remember to use lowercase letters for both cases.
- The dashboard will be displayed after you login. After this just go to Wireless on the Basic Home Screen.
- The Wireless settings will be there. You will have the possibility to change the Wireless Network Name SSID (if required).
- You have the possibility to change the type of Security Option for your password (wpa/wpa2/wpa-wpa2).
- Change the WiFi password in the box named Passphrase. It has to be from 8 to 63 characters in case wpa2 is selected.
- You also have the availability to change the options for the 5Ghz wireless network in a required case.
- Finally, at the end when you have everything set up, just click on the Apply button to save all changes.
Note that if you use a wireless PC or device to change the WiFi Password, then you will be disconnected to the network when you click on the Apply button. To avoid this problem you have to use a computer with a wired connection to access to the router settings.
These are the steps you have to follow to change the wireless key or WiFi password on WNDR 4300.
You may also want to see How to change my WiFi password on Netgear WNDR 3800