The N600 router, edition WNDR 3800 is a dual-band router designed to provide to all users, high-performance wireless internet access, providing this way, high streaming HD videos and high performance on video games. This model is very similar to the WNDR 4300, with just a few differences (How to change my WiFi password on Netgear WNDR 4300).
Please keep in mind that before setting up your WNDR 3800 router and checking up that your internet configuration is correct, you will need the following information if you have a DSL connection. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) should provide you of all the information needed to get connected with your internet. Such as the ISP information for the DSL account, the ISP login name and password, and the IP address settings. You have to make sure about the difference of the router login user name and password, and the login name and password for your internet connection. After you have all this, then, we will be able to proceed to the main theme of this post.
Change the WiFi password on Netgear WNDR 3800 in a few steps
- The first step as many routers, it is to start or launch the browser from your PC or Wireless device and type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- The login screen will appear to introduce the User Name and Password, admin for the User name and password for the password, and the dashboard or home screen will be right there, as you can see in the picture below.
- On the Basic Home Screen, you have to select Wireless, where you will see all the data that you need. Also you will see two different wireless networks (2.4GHz and 5GHz).
- Change the Wireless Network Name or SSID (Optional) (32 characters max).
- In the Security Options field, you can change the security options and also the Passphrase (password).
- When changing the passphrase, remember that it has to be a text formed from 8 to 63 characters. If WPA2 was selected at the Security Options field.
- To finish, just click on the Apply button to save all the changes we have done so far.
As you can see, the steps are almost the same than other routers. Just have to follow the same procedures or similar to these above here. You may also want to see How to change my WiFi password on Netgear WNDR 4300.