In this tutorial, I will show you how in a couple of steps you can easily change the WiFi password of your router Netgear R6300v2. The R6300v2 has Gigabit Ethernet speed, a dual-core 800 MHz processor and is backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices, offering you great performance and enabling HD streaming throughout your home. It also has two USB ports (a 2.0 and a 3.0) for connecting a printer or hard drive. It automatically works with Beam-forming technology which makes it faster, more reliable and gives it a wider range of WiFi connections.
Something to have in mind with this and other types of routers is that you can have a better experience with it if you keep it away from large metal surfaces and electrical devices, have it in a high elevated place, and keep the number of walls and ceilings between the router and the devices that connect to it to a minimum.
Below you may see which steps you need to follow in order to change the WiFi password on this device.
A step-by-step guide to change the WiFi password on Netgear R6300v2
Accessing the router settings
- Open a web browser and access http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- For the router username enter admin and for the router password enter password.
Updating the wireless setup
- You need to access the Wireless setup screen going to BASIC > Wireless
Note: The default password for the WiFi is in the label on the bottom of the router.
- Below Security Options, you can choose what type of security you would like to use.
- When selecting one of these options, a password field is displayed; write down the password you would like to use in such field (the same must be between 8 and 63 characters). Remember to keep it in a safe place, so you can refer to it when you need it.
- Finally, click the apply button and your changes will be committed.
Note: Remember that you also have the chance to change the Network Name (SSID) at any time by just following the same procedure.