It is easy to change the WiFi password on Netgear CG814WG v3, but first, let’s see its features. The Netgear CG814WG v3 is a wireless cable modem with a very particular design, at the front it has some leds indicators, so the user will be aware of simple things like when it is on and off, when there is an internet connection, transmitted and received data, when the wireless access point is working correctly and if there is LAN connection through one of your devices.
In the back of the modem you will find the AC power adapter input, reset button always useful when you for some reason forget your password and want to start all over from the beginning, USB port, 4 Ethernet ports and the most important one; coaxial cable from your service cable provider.
With the basic information previously explained and always having it in mind, you can run the Netgear CG814WG v3 by just following some steps:
- Having your computer off, first you need to do is to connect your coaxial cable to the device.
- Then, connect the Ethernet cable to your PC.
- Connect the power adapter to your CG814WG v3 and plug it.
- After turning your computer on, when it finally boots just wait 30 seconds until your modem stop blinking.
- Now you should be able to access to the internet.
Change the wireless key of your Netgear CG814WG v3 by just following the next steps:
Nowadays almost all devices browse online through a wireless connection so it is very important and recommended to configure your modem’s WiFi key for security measures, so, nobody, including the neighbors will be able to steel WiFi from you.
- Using the next IP address please type this on your favorite browser http://192.168.0.1 and you will be able to Log in to the gateway.
- Since it’s your first time, use the default user name of admin and default password of password to log in.
- Once you log in, the Dashboard will be displayed.
- Click on the link that says Wireless Settings (Here you can change the SSID if required).
- On Security Options select WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or WPA, depending on which one you have selected you will see a different screen, then type the Passphrase and apply changes.
This is the procedure you have to do to get Wi-Fi throughout your wireless devices and edit the passphrase or change WiFi password on CG814WG v3, and if you want to change more settings like the main password to log in just do as described below:
- First on the main screen select Set password, then type the old password and as required enter the new one twice.
- Then apply changes to finish.
You may want to check for other spectrum routers, then, go to our official spectrum page.