The SMC 8014 Wireless Cable Modem is built with a powerful communication device for connecting your LAN to the internet. Some of its features include:
- A cable modem port for providing a connection to the internet.
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports, 1 USB 1.1 port, or wireless at a 54Mbps speed.
- Wireless encryption of types WEP, WPA, and WPA2, as well as the ability to hide SSID, and establishing MAC Filtering.
- DHCP and DNS.
- Firewall along with hacker and DoS prevention.
- Parental control, limiting access to certain sites.
- Easy configuration using a web browser.
WiFi configuration for your EZ Connect SMC 8014
Follow the steps below in order to easily change the WiFi password of this device; they are almost the same as for other modems.
- Enter the address 192.168.0.1 on a web browser.
- Sign in to the Modem’s GUI (Graphical User Interface). If you have not changed the default username and password, then they should get access by entering cusadmin for the username and password for the password.
- Access the encryption section by clicking Wireless > Encryption on the Side Navigation bar.
- Once inside, you can change the encryption type.
- If you select WEP type you can either enter a manual WEP key or write down a passphrase in the Passphrase field and click Generate Keys.
- You may also choose a 128-bit WEP encryption by selecting the 128 bit option and following the same process explained above.
- In case you choose other of the encryption types you only have to enter a passphrase between 8 and 63 characters in the field WPA Passphrase.
- When getting bad wireless performance try another channel; the default 2.4Ghz spectrum can be affected by other devices.
- For changing the default channel and/or SSID go to Side Navigation Bar > Wireless > Channel and SSID.
- Login’s username and password are both case sensitive.
- For changing the default login’s password go to Side Navigation Bar > System > Password Settings.