Its a very futuristic looking design in one device, Asus is always innovating in technologies matters. It comes as usually with led indicators of the internet activity. In the front and at the back there’s the always handy LAN port, reset button, USB 2.O, power DC-IN, coaxial port, etc. since it has four antennas for better reception. Remember to always locate your router in one ideal place where you won’t have interference with wireless peripherals even the sunlight. Make sure that your 2.4ghz / 5ghz led light it is on to proceed.
Steps to follow for changing the WiFi password on Asus CM-32 AC2600:
- To get access to the settings of your router, on the browser of your preference please go to http://router.asus.com/ or type this http://192.168.1.1/
- You’d be required to login in a small window that will pop up, so you should write the letters [admin] as user name and password. It is very important for security matters that you change the factory user name and password otherwise the system will automatically suggest you to change it. After adding the new info, press ok and then next to finish.
- There is also the Router Setup, where you can assign your wireless network name and password. So go on your left side menu at the bottom, choose Router Setup. Once here you will be able to change the required information, like SSID and security WiFi password.
- As soon as you finish, just press the button that says Apply when done.
- On your navigation panel, select General, then Network Map and Security Level on your right side, you will see the system status, then configure and choose one of the two networks.
- Here you can configure the wireless security settings such as SSID, security level, and encryption settings.
- In the same Network Map option if it is of your interest you can also manage the number of clients connected to your network and even block then just by selecting it and clicking on the open lock icon.
- When choosing the right security frequency (2.4ghz or 5ghz) for the Asus CM-32 AC2600, remember that basically, the difference between those two networks is that 2.4 GHz transmits data at a longer range but at a lower speed. Meanwhile, the 5ghz does the opposite way, higher speed, and lower range coverage.
- Before you decide which network is better for you, you should take in mind that some devices are not compatible with the 5ghz frequency. This always will be up to your choice.