In the next lines i will try to explain as easy as possible how to change the WiFi password on the Askey RAC2V1K (Spectrum). This one acts as a firewall, by blocking unwanted internet connections. The Askey RAC2V1K lets you select the applications that are allowed to be connected through an open port. When opening a port in your router, you allow a game (for example) to send data from your internet to your home network.
First thing to do is to connect the router to your computer, it could be through a network cable or via WiFi. Down here i will show you all the steps needed to achieve our goal. This router is very familiar to the RAC2V1A and the RAC2V1S: How to change my WiFi password on Arris RAC2V1A and How to change my WiFi password on RAC2V1S Sagemcom.
Instructions required to change the WiFi password on the Askey RAC2V1K
Access to the router
- Open a web browser and type the next IP address http://192.168.1.1 (default).
- When the login screen appears, just sign in with the default user name (admin) and password (admin).
If by any chance you would like to change the user name and password to access to the router, then you will be able by just clicking the Change Password button on the right top side of the main screen.
- Click on the Wizard button on the main screen.
- Then click on Network Setup.
- As soon as you access to Network Setup it will show you the options to change the WiFi Name and the WiFi Password as you see below.
- You will be able to change the 2.4GHz and 5Ghz network settings, and when you are done just click Apply button.
- WiFi Network Name: This is the name that will identify your WiFi Network and it is already printed on the back of the router by default. This is the one that will appear in your devices when looking for the network signal.
- WiFi Password: This is the password that you will have to enter when trying to connect to the WiFi signal in your devices.