The Arris RAC2V1A provides you of four Ethernet ports, being this way, the hub of your home or office. This is a dual band 802.11 ac router which allows you and the users to connect to the internet though a separate modem.
Down here on this tutorial i will show you how to change the WiFi password on this marvelous router model that Spectrum has released for us. It should be noted that this model is very familiar to the Askey RAC2V1K and the RAC2V1S which we have mentioned before on previous entries: How to change my WiFi password on Askey RAC2V1K and How to change my WiFi password on RAC2V1S Sagemcom.
Change the WiFi password on the Arris RAC2V1A with the following steps
- In the web browser write the next IP address http://192.168.1.1/ to access to the router.
- Enter the default login User Name and Password, both are printed on the back side label of the router. Usually admin for user name and admin for the password.
- When the main screen displays, then select Wireless section.
- Then select Basic Setup tab.
- You will see the default Service Set Identifier (SSID), where you just have to change it as you want (optional).
- You will see the default Password (Network Key), where you just have to change the default password for your personal one. Remember to follow the gold rules for changing your password (valid character numbers from 0 to 9, letters through A to Z, and printable characters like %, &, #, ?, !)
- Click apply at the end of the screen for saving all the settings you have done.
As you can see on the previous image, there is two frequencies for the WiFi, the 2.4Ghz and the 5 Ghz. Most of the currently systems runs the 2.4 Ghz band which is has been very effective so far, but due to the growing demand of new devices like cellphones, TVs, Alarms, Video cameras, we use nowadays the 5 Ghz one which provides faster management of data at a shorter distance, different than the 2.4 GHz band which covers farther distances but at a slower speed. We don´t have to worry about this, because the Arris RAC2V1A is able to transmit data in both frequencies.