Lets briefly explain what is the function of the modem. It basically transform the analog data into digital data and vice versa. In this case, if you have one of these devices, in the USA is common to see that the telecommunication companies combine telephone, internet, and cable in one service, and this is possible because it has support for MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance), in a nutshell, is a technology design to pass all the Data through a coaxial cable. Without the need of drilling holes in your home, good speeds, and low latency.
The Arris SBG6782 have to offer several things, but in this case we can highlight the better ones:
- DOCSIS 3.0
- Dual Band 802.11 AC
- Dual-band 802.11ac/n/g/b
- Alternate between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies
- Cable modem and WiFi router at the same time
- Built-in power supply
- 4 Ethernet ports
Setting up your Wireless Network on the Arris SBG6782
- First of all, on your browser copy the following IP 192.168.0.1
- Press enter to goto the next page.
- Type default username and password:
- Username: admin
- Password: Motorola
- Click login to enter.
- Once in, to your right, click on Manage WiFi Network.
- Then click, in the middle section, on security Settings.
- On Passphrase, type in the new password.
- Finally, Press apply and you are ready to go.
Secure the network of your home devices
If for any reason a person have access to your network and look online on how to access the IP address of your modem, he is able to change all your wireless settings. So to avoid this, you have to change your default access username and password.
Follow the next steps to change this:
- Once in the main web-page, head to Status and click on the security button.
- On the drop-down list, make sure that Change Username is selected.
- Now update the username and click on apply.
- Before applying all the changes Restore Factory Defaults box should be on NO.
- Again on the drop-down list, modify Change Username to Change Password.
- This time type a new password and click apply to finish.