Basically the Actiontec GT784WN model works on 802.11 b/g/n networks, is an ADSL type of modem supporting ADSL2+, has two antennas for the WiFi and four Ethernet ports, with a bandwidth that goes from 8 Mbps to 24 Mbps.
In the next paragraphs, more details will be given about this router.
To get to the main web interface, you should follow these simple steps to be able to access and modify some settings:
- Open a web browser.
- Type this IP address 192.168.0.1
- In this specific model, you do not need to add a username or password, just leave them blank.
- As soon after, you will get to the Actiontec GT784WN Home Screen.
How to change your LAN IP Address:
Lets first talk a little bit about IP addresses, it is the one that you connect when you need to set up your modem. It is not meant to browse on the internet, rather just internal configurations.
Please proceed as follows to change this address:
- Once on the main page, go top corner to the right.
- Click on Advanced Setup.
- Then on your left, you will be shown with this option LAN IP AND DHCP Settings.
- You should be able to see Modem IP Address, type in the new IP address.
One recommendation is to use this address 192.168.0.1
- Modem Subnet mask should always be 255.255.255.0
- To finish right-click on Apply and Reboot.
Basic settings in order to configure your Actiontec GT784WN the correct way:
Here you will learn how to change the wireless password of your router. Please continue reading.
- Check the info above to get to the main page.
- Head to Wireless Setup.
- Then on your left go to Basic Settings.
- Wireless radio should be on Enable.
- In case you decide to change the name of your Network you can add a new one over there. Remember it is important not to use any personal information.
- On Wireless WPA/WPA2 Security should be selected WPA/WPA2.
- Next the option Select WPA/WPA2 PSK is where you should type a new password. It is recommended to use symbols, capital letters, and numbers in order to have a strong password.
- Finally, click on Apply to save changes.
You already know how to change the wireless passphrase of your Actiontec GT784WN.