The TP-LINK CR700 AC1750 released to the market in 2016 provides to the users up to 450Mbps with the 2.4Ghz network, and up to 1300Mbps with the 5.0Ghz network. The marvelous speed of this router makes it ideal for performing multiple data streams at the same time. Down here we can see some of the features that the CR700 has:
- DOCSIS 3.0
- Dual Core processor.
- Six internal antennas.
- Full gigabit ports.
- Four Upstream Channel bonding .
- Parental control.
I will explain step by step how it is possible to change the WiFi password of your router, in this case the TP-LINK CR700 AC1750. I show you in this tutorial, along with images, the correct way to access to the router and change its wireless settings.
You may also want to see:
Change the WiFi password on the TP-LINK CR700 AC1750
- The very first step, is to do all these procedures via cable. If you do it with a wireless device then you will be automatically disconnected as soon as you change the password of your network.
- Login to the router. You do this by introducing the next address or IP to your favorite browser http://tplinkmodem.net/ or 192.168.1.1
- After the login box appears, just type the username and password, in this case admin for both in lower case letters as you see in the picture below.
- You will see the main menu after the proper login step.
- Then you have to access to the Basic settings, and then Wireless Settings.
- Here as you can see, you are able to edit the SSID and the password, either for the 2.4Ghz or the 5.0Ghz network.
- Remember to Save changes after editing everything.
To change the Security Options on the TP-LINK CR700 AC1750
- As soon as you are logged in by following the steps previously explained, go to Advanced Settings.
- Select the network that you want to edit, in this case I choose Wireless 2.4Ghz.
- Choose Primary Network, here you will see not only the Security Options, but also the box to edit the SSID or the WiFi password.
- After editing everything, remember to Save changes.