The TP-LINK CR1900 cable modem is a combination of a wired and a wireless device. This way it provides either wired or wireless access for multiple devices at home.
This model is physically similar to other routers, with Ethernet ports and antennas, front panel LEDs, USB ports, cable port and power button.
On this tutorial I will instruct you on a quick wireless setup guide for this model (CR1900) in specific, explaining in detailed steps and screenshots how it is possible to change the settings for this router, more specifically on how to change the WiFi key or the SSID on your device.
You may also want to see:
- How to change my WiFi password on TP-LINK CR700 AC1750
- How to change my WiFi password on TP-LINK CR500
Steps to change the WiFi password on the TP-LINK CR1900
- Make sure all the cable connectors are ready to go.
- Log in to the router. You can do this by just opening a web browser of your preference and type http://tplinkmodem.net/ or http://192.168.1.1/.
- If it is the first time you access to the router, then is going to ask you to set a password to access to it. It is recommended to set it up as strong as possible. The next time you access to the router you only have to introduce the password you have already created.
- As soon as you get in this point, you will be into the dashboard.
- There is a menu at the top side, go and select Basic.
- You will see another option named Wireless, go and select this one.
- Into the Wireless Settings you are going to able to change the Network Name or the WiFi Password, either for the 2.4 Ghz or 5Ghz network.
- After you do the proper changes remember to save them by just clicking on the Save button.
If you want to change the Security Options
- Go to Advanced Settings.
- Select the Network you want to edit (2.4Ghz in this case).
- Choose Primary Network.
- In this area you will be able to change the Security Type, either No Security, WPA/WPA2 personal, WPA/WPA2 enterprise, or WEP. Also you could change the Encryption Type as you wish.
The previous tutorial is to let you know how is possible to change the wireless paraphrase on your router.