To change the WiFi password on Arris SBG6700-AC let’s check its details. Before talking about how to tweak the settings of the Arris SBG6700-AC let us first give a description of this type of modem. It has a very simple design with just two ethernet ports. It works on DOCSIS 3.0, it means that you can have access to the internet by a coaxial cable, so you can have TV cable and internet on the same line.
You can have access to dual-band frequencies either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, the first one is more compatible with older devices and allows you to have a better range at a lower speed. The second one is basically for higher speed but the range of coverage is more limited.
It is common to experience randomly internet drops with these types of devices specifically if the modem is in a bad ventilated area, so it is important that you take it in mind if you suffer about this inconvenience.
In order to know what to do if you want to have the best experience out of this modem, or if you want to change the wireless key please follow the steps below.
How to login to the Arris SBG6700-AC:
- First, using a PC or a wireless device, connect to the internet
- Open a web browser of your preference and type this IP address 192.168.0.1
- As soon as you press enter, it will ask you for the username and password, you can access by typing admin as username and password as the passphrase.
- Finally, press enter and you will be redirected to the Arris main page.
Modify the Wifi settings on the Arris SBG6700-AC:
- Once on the main page, on the top menu, look for Wireless and click on it.
- Now you will see two tabs, the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks, the first one is your best choice for normal use.
- Let us start by editing the network name (SSID) for another one and remember Wireless Network should be enabled.
- Now move to Wireless Security and select WPA2-PSK from the drop-down list.
- On Encryption set it on AES, usually, that is for more security.
- Take the chance to change the old password, so on Passphrase type the new one.
- Finally, click on Apply to save changes.
This is how you will be able to change the wireless password or WiFi password on Arris SBG6700-AC or just access and change some settings in your router.