To change the WiFi password on Arris SBG10 let’s check its details. The Arris SBG10 uses a DOCSIS 3.0 technology, this way, it provides high-speed internet access. This one is a good idea if you want to have a fast connection either at home or at your office.
This quick guide will inform you about the internal settings of the Arris SBG10. We suggest you to follow the procedures as we explain. If you do a bad setting, you don’t have to worry, you just have to factory restore your router by holding press the reset button. This one is located inside a little hole at the back of the router.
Before accessing to the router’s interface, we recommend checking for all the connections. Also, make sure to connect the router via ethernet cable to the PC.
Log in to the Arris SBG10
- You have to lunch a web browser and type into the URL field the next IP address 192.168.0.1.
- After you do the previous step, the login screen will appear, so, you have to introduce the credentials.
- The username is going to be admin and the password will be password. We recommend you to check on the router’s label to confirm the credentials.
- Finally, you will be redirected to the interface’s home screen.
Change WiFi key and SSID on the Arris SBG10
- Right now you are on the home screen. You have to access either to Wireless 2.4Ghz or Wireless 5Ghz, depending on which network you would like to edit. In this case we are accessing to the Wireless 2.4Ghz.
- Then, you have to click on the Basic tab to the left.
- On this screen, you will see all that we are looking for.
- Make sure that the Enable Wireless box is activated.
- There is the SSID (network name) field, which you can edit for a better one for you.
- Also, we have the Security Mode; we recommend you to use the WPA2, because it is the most secure encryption mode.
- At the end, we have the Pre-Shared Key. This is the wireless key, just edit it as you want.
After we do all this, remember to apply the changes and you will be done. Now you already know how to change the wireless pre-shared key or WiFi password on Arris SBG10.