The Orbi Netgear CBR40 normally comes with some specifications, like: a power led, a ring led, upstream led, downstream led, some Ethernet ports, reset button, dc connector, etc. You can setup and activate your Orbi modem by just downloading the app that comes with the package of your internet provider. If you can not do it by the app then there is some other ways to do it, detailed explained in the manual.
Here we will try to explain how you can access to the CBR40 and how to change its settings (wireless password, SSID, security options, etc).
Netgear CBR40 access
To access to the CBR40 you should follow some steps, and we explain them right down here.
- First of all, connect the Ethernet cable to the PC.
- Then, login to the routers interface, by just opening a web browser of your preference.
- In the browser enter orbilogin.com, then is going to ask you for the username (admin) and password (password), you can change the login password later if you want to.
- After you click on sign in you will be redirected to the main screen.
Netgear CBR40 wireless settings
These are the steps you have to follow after being in the routers interface for changing its settings.
- After you follow all the steps previously explained, the Basic home page will be displayed.
- Then select Wireless to set the wireless settings.
- Here you will be able to change the SSID (network name) by just typing a new name into the SSID field. Remember that the name could be up to 32 characters long.
- Also you will be able to change the WiFi Channel by just selecting a number in the channel list.
- You will be able to select a type of Security Option.
- Then you can see the Password (network key) field. Here you can edit the WiFi password with one of your preference. Remember it should be a string between 8-63 characters.
- Finally click apply to save all the changes you have done.
Other router settings can be found in our official website www.changemywifipassword.com