The Netgear C7000, as we have explained before in previous tutorials, is very similar to the Netgear C6900. The front panel has many LED lights that let you identify indeed, the correct functioning of the router. At the back side it has many connectors and buttons, that let you connect and control the functions of the router.
Down here we can see a detailed simulation of the front panel and the back panel of the Netgear C7000:
The purpose of this website, is to let you know the best way to access to the router and how to set the settings either for the password, the network name or the security settings, so we detail in the next lines how to do all this.
You may also want to see
- How to change the WiFi password on Netgear C6900.
- How to change the WiFi password on Netgear C7000V2
Access to the Netgear C7000
- Make sure you router is connected via cable to your computer to begin with the access to it.
- In your computer go to your preferred browser and access to http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com
- You will see a login screen, so you only have to introduce the credentials admin for the username and password for the password.
- If its the first time you access to the router it will ask you to change the password to access to the interface, also you got to set up a few security questions.
Change the SSID and WiFi password on the Netgear C7000
- After you do all the previous steps mentioned up here, you will automatically be redirected to the home page of the router’s interface.
- Then, you have to select the Wireless Setup option.
- A new screen will appear, with all the information needed to change either the SSID (network name) or the password of your network.
- Edit the box (Name SSID) as you wish.
- Select the type of security option that you prefer (usually WPA2-PSK).
- Then, almost at the bottom, you will see the available box to edit the passphrase.
- Remember, for the password it has to be 8-63 characters or 64 hex digits.
- After you do all this, you have to Apply changes, so all the edition you have done will be saved.
You can contact me either by email or in the comments box below if you have any question concerning to the Netgear C7000 or other model similar to this one.