The Netgear C6900 lets you access to the internet in every place within the network range. The range, most of the time depends on the position of the router, that’s why we always recommend to place the router in a open area, far from the walls and on an elevated place. This excellent router comes with a specific setting so it can work as a modem and as a router.
To prepare the Netgear C6900 for the proper use:
- Place it in a good area.
- Connect the coaxial cable to a cable wall outlet
- Connect the power adapter.
- Turn it on.
- You can also use bridge mode by connecting it to an additional router.
We show you in this website how easily you can change the settings of the Netgear C6900. Here you will see how to change the wireless settings, like the network name, wireless password, WiFi protected access, etc.
You may also want to see
Access to the Netgear C6900
- First of all is to get connected to the network of the C6900.
- We always recommend to be connected via cable instead of WiFi.
- In your computer launch a web browser.
- Then type the next IP or address http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.0.1
- Introduce the username and password to get the access, usually admin and password. Anyways both are printed in the back label of the router.
- If it is the first time that you access to the router, then you will be asked to change the password and make some security questions.
- Then, the access to the router will be granted.
Change the SSID on the Netgear C6900
- Changing the network name of your C6900 is very easy.
- Follow the previous instructions explained up here to access to the router.
- As soon as you are in the Home Page of the interface go and click Wireless Setup.
- Right immediately you will see a little box with the actual network name.
- Just rewrite the network name and you will be good to go.
- Apply changes after editing the SSID.
Change the Wireless settings on the Netgear C6900
- The first step to follow for changing the WiFi password of your C6900 is to access to the router as we explained before up in this page.
- As soon as you get to the Home Page, you go to Wireless Setup.
- You will see two networks available (2.4ghz and 5ghz). You will edit the passphrase for the one you are using.
- After editing the passphrase for the network you just have to apply changes.