The Arris TG2472 provides four Ethernet cables connections for use as a hub for your home or office network. Also the Telephony Gateway offers the integrated MoCA 2.0 providing this way a good way to transfer and share multimedia over a coaxial cable.
A very good feature of the TG2470 is the support of a backup lithium battery, providing this way continued service during energy outages. The battery comes in a different package so you have to install it by your self following the instructions within the manual.
Below there are some good information on how you can access to the router and change some settings in it. Just follow the instructions we provide you.
If you want to know about a similar router just follow the next link : How to change my WiFi password on Arris TG1682
Access to the Arris TG2472
- The first step we suggest you to follow is to verify that all the cable connections are well assembled.
- Then, in your computer, open the browser of your preference.
- After, type the internal IP address 192.168.0.1 and press enter.
- The dialog box will appear to enter the username (admin) and the password (password). In the next image you can see how it will look like.
- Finally, after entering all the credentials to login, you will be redirected to the routers main screen.
Setting up the Arris TG2472
If you want to change some settings to the router like the SSID, WiFi password, security options, etc, then you should follow the next instructions:
- First thing to do is to access to the router, and you can do this by following the previous explanation.
- After you are in the routers main screen, select Wireless.
- Then go either to Wireless 2.4Ghz or Wireless 5Ghz depending which one you want to edit. In this case we are going to work with the 2.4Ghz. (This option is in some firmware versions)
- Go to Basic Setup. Here you can see all the main information you need to setup your router.
- You will see the dialog box for changing the SSID (network name). You just have to click it and edit it as you want.
- You will also see the box to specify what kind of security you want (WPA, WPA2, etc).
- Finally, at the very button you can see the dialog box to set the password you want for your wireless network.
- Remember to keep your password in a safe place in case that you forget it.
- Apply changes to save all the settings you have done.