The Arris TG1682 is just a simply tool, meant to fulfill the needs of the internet users. It offers common technology for the user need like for example MoCA 2.0 home networking, which basically helps you have internet, telephone, and cable service at the same time through a coaxial line (cable). Another good characteristic of the TG1682 is that in case a power failure occurs, you will be back up by a small battery. The battery is not included in the package, and you have to manually install it by your self.
The front panel has some light indicators to show when it is on/off, the upstream and downstream, online status, frequencies 2.4/5 GHz, battery life, etc.
On the other hand, the rear panel has two USB ports, a reset button, two telephone connectors, and four Ethernet LAN ports.
If you want to know about a similar router just follow the link below:
Modifying the WiFi access to the Arris TG1682:
Follow the steps below these lines to access and modify your router settings:
- Choose a device to access to the internet and go to your favorite browser.
- Then type this IP address on the navigator 192.168.100.1
- Username and password will be required, which are admin and password, then click on sign in to login to the interface.
- Once on the main page of the Arris TG1682, scroll down a little bit and you will see Status on a yellow box.
- Go to the right and click on the Wireless tab.
- Once you get here you will be able to choose a frequency to work with. Not all devices work on 5 GHz, so you have to take that in mind (only in some versions of the firmware).
- Type a new SSID (network name) if you want to change it.
- You can change the security mode as well. Always go for the WAP2-PSK, because is more difficult to be cracked by external users.
- On security settings look for the pre-shared key (at the very button).
- Type a new convenient password, numbers and letters are recommended.
- Finally, click on Apply to save all the settings.
- After that, your modem will restart. You only will need to apply the new password to all your wireless devices.