The Arris SBG8300 has a very simple design, just two lights indicator at the front one to show internet connection and the other blinks when there’s a wireless device connected to it. The rear panel has 4 ports for Ethernet connection, a reset button, coaxial and power cord respectively. Intel processor with 3,999.65 Mhz of frequency and a total DRAM speed of 672 MB.
On the Arris SBG8300 we have a DOCSIS 3.1 (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification), we can appreciate major improvements if we compare it with previous standards. For example, theoretically speaking the max upstream speed of the DOCSIS 3.0 was 200 Mbps, now is 1 Gbps and the max downstream speed use to be 1 Gbps and with the 3.1 is 10 Gbps.
Accessing to the SBG8300 device
- Firstly open the browser of your preference.
- Then type this IP address 192.168.0.1, and press Enter.
- That should take you to the main login screen.
- Next, you should type “admin” for username and “password” for Password.
- After that, press login to open the Web manager.
Changing the settings on the SBG8300 device
- Once you are in, go to the left menu and select Connection.
- Then on the sub-menu choose WiFi.
- Decide whether you want to work either with 2.4 or 5 GHz frequencies.
- On the Home WiFi Network press Edit depending on the frequency you have chosen before, over there, you will be given the option to change the name of your WiFi network, the standard mode of your internet and the type of security mode in your network, therefore the WPA2 is your best option, because it is the strongest in terms of security.
- Consequently, you will be able to modify your password, use one that better suits you, but one not too hard to remember.
- Finally just type the required captcha and press save settings.
What if you want to change the login password?
If you want to be even more secure and avoid any attempt of cracking your configurations by an external user, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- By using the same guide giving up here, once on the main Web Manager.
- Go to the left menu.
- Click on Troubleshooting.
- Then select the sub-menu Change Password.
- Type in the old password, the new one and re-confirm it.
- Finally, complete the captcha and save changes.