There is always the need to understand our wireless connections mainly because we do not want our neighbors to steal our WiFi, so that is the reason why you are looking online in the first place, and probably because you do not have the Manual of your Arris Surfboard DG2460 router.
In the next paragraphs, we are going to explain in detail what you have to do to complete this easy process.
Brief description of the Arris DG2460:
- This device comes with decent hardware inside, an Intel Atom Core of 1.2 GHz,
- DOCSIS 3.0: Is an interface of communications for data, that allows using several channels simultaneously,which translate into high-speed transfers through a cable connection (CATV)
- The Integrated Dual-Band frequency between 2.4GHz 802.11n and 5GHz 802.11ac High Power Radios.
- Both Ethernet and WiFi connections can be used at the same time.
- The connection type is through a Coax F-connector
- Similarly to other products, there is 4 port Gigabit Ethernet and USB 2.0 Host in the rear panel, as well as an internal power supply.
Changing the WiFi password of your router:
- Basically, you need to open the browser of your preference, in the address bar, type the following IP 192.168.100.1
- As soon as the login screen appears, access credentials are going to be need it. Username will be admin and password will be password.
- Press enter and you will see the main Arris web-page.
- Right below of the Arris logo to your right, click on the Wireless tab.
- Look for the pre-shared key, edit the new password that better suits you.
- Click on apply.
- Wait for a couple of seconds until your router reboots.
- Finally, check on your wireless devices and apply the new password on then.
If for any reason you forget the password, you can always restore it back to its default by pressing a pin-hole for 30 seconds in the back of the modem.