The ZyXEL C2100Z supports VDSL2 bonding with vectoring, which reduces the cross-talk up to 150% increase in performance. It also offers dual-band WiFi and enhances the security for the protection of traffic from the WAN to the LAN.
This time we are talking about the ZyXEL C2100Z. If you stay here, you will be pleased to know more about this wonderful Centurylink router. I will be explaining how we can navigate through its interface and change the basic settings, like the WiFi, the SSID (network name), and other things.
I always recommend connecting the router to the PC via cable, and this is because it has better performance and internet speed. Also, you have no possibilities of losing the connection if you decide to change the WiFi password of the device. So, we can say, this is the first step above everything.
How to access to the ZyXEL C2100Z
- After connecting the router to the PC, just go to your favorite browser and type the IP address http://192.168.0.1.
- Next, it is going to ask you about the username and password. Just enter for both cases the credentials located in the label printed at the back of the router.
- Click on Apply button to get access to the ZyXEL C2100Z interface.
How to change the WiFi password to the ZyXEL C2100Z
- After following the procedures explained before, for accessing to the router, the interface main menu will be displayed.
- Go and select the option Wireless Setup.
- Then, you have to decide either you want to edit the 2.4Ghz network or the 5Ghz.
- Select the option named as Wireless Security.
- At this point, you are going to see the options: Select SSID, Select Security Type, Select Encryption Type (this is all to your criteria).
- The final box says Enter Security Key/Passphrase (this is the most important step for our tutorial).
- Change it to Custom Key/Password and edit it as you wish.
- Finally, after changing all the information you want, remember to save changes by just selecting the Apply button.
For another ZyXEL model please visit the next link: How to change my WiFi password on ZyXEL Q1000Z.
Any doubts or complaints about all these procedures, please let us know by commenting in the box below or by email.