The Actiontec C3000A is a 802.11n and 802.11ac router that supports universal WAN access, FTTN, FTTdp, FTTB, and FTTP. Also, it has been designed to deliver marvelous WiFi performance, with the use of the dual-band WiFi supporting speeds up to 2.3 Gbps. In addition to this, we can say that is one of the most wanted routers in the Centurylink provider.
In the next paragraphs, I will be explaining to you how is possible to change not only the SSID (network name) but also the WiFi password of your C3000A. Please pay close attention to not only the text but to the images shown down here.
You can see other routers similar to this one:
- How to change my WiFi password on Actiontec C1000A
- How to change my WiFi password on Actiontec C1900A
- How to change my WiFi password on Actiontec C2000A
- How to change my WiFi password on Actiontec C2300A
Access to the Actiontec C3000A
- Connect the device directly to your PC via cable (always recommended).
- Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1.
- Log in with the username and password. Both are located in the router’s label.
- Finally, click on Apply.
Change the SSID of the Actiontec C3000A
- First, go to Wireless Setup.
- Then, you choose the network that you want to edit (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz).
- In the Basic Settings tab, you will see what you want (SSID or network name).
- Edit the network name as you want and click on Apply to save the changes.
Change the WiFi password of the Actiontec C3000A
- What you first have to do, is to access to the router (previously explained).
- Go and choose Wireless Setup.
- Then, select the network that you want to edit (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) and go to Wireless Settings.
- Here, you will see many options, but first, select the SSID you want to edit.
- Choose the type of security.
- Finally, edit the WiFi password at the bottom box (either default password or custom).
Please have in mind:
- Before editing the password, it will be selected in the default password. So, you have to select Custom Key in order to make your own password.
- If you decide to choose the Custom Key, then remember it should have between 8-63 characters.
- The custom key should also have a number and letters (space key can be used).