The Actiontec C2300A brings up to 2.3 Gbps wireless speed with 802.11n 3×3 2.4GHz and 802.11ac 4×4 5GHz. It offers a high-security level for residential gateways, with a different kind of protection against DDoS, a great firewall, password protection, internal encryption, HTTP spoofing prevention, etc. This model, in particular, has a lot of features, which make it one of the best modems of the Centurylink market.
This tutorial teaches you how you can access the Actiontec C2300A, and also teaches you how to be able to change the WiFi settings.
The interface of the Actiontec C2300A is very similar to other models explained in previous posts:
- How to change my WiFi password on Actiontec C1000A
- How to change my WiFi password on Actiontec C1900A
- How to change my WiFi password on Actiontec C2000A
- How to change my WiFi password on Actiontec C3000A
Accessing to the Actiontec C2300A
- First of all, connect your router to the computer via cable (always recommended).
- Open a web browser of your preference.
- Type on the browser the next IP address: http://192.168.0.1.
- After the login screen appears, just introduce the credentials for the username and the password (located on the modem sticker). in this case, will be admin for the username and Hadsee7j for the password.
- Finally, press Apply to login into the modem interface.
Changing the WiFi password to the Actiontec C2300A
- Once you are logged into the modem interface, you have to click on Wireless Setup.
- Then select the network that you want to edit (in this case we will edit the 2.4Ghz network).
- Click on the Wireless Security button.
- After, you have to select the SSID that you want to edit and we will be almost done.
- Go down until you see the box Enter Security Key/Passphrase.
- In here you just have to select either you want a default key or a custom key.
- Finally, press Apply to save all changes you have done.
Remember that a custom password will need to meet some requirements, such as:
- 8 to 63 characters.
- Any number.
- Any letter or space.