The Actiontec C1000A is one of the most powerful routers nowadays. It has wireless N radio, a dual-core 32-bit processor, Gigabit Ethernet switch, and also 64 MB flash memory and 64 MB SDRAM. In addition, it has the capacity of supporting a wide variety of multimedia applications, as is IPTV, gaming, media sharing.
Some of the Actiontec C1000A features are:
- Robust firewall.
- Gigabit Ethernet built in.
- Wireless security.
- Remote management.
- 802.11 Wireless built in.
- Backward compatible to ADSL 2/2+
- TR-069/TR-064 support.
On the image below you can see the back side of the router and its ports:
Instructions to change the WiFi password on the Actiontec C1000A
- The very first step is to connect your router to your PC via cable or via WiFi. I always recommend using cable connection because after you change the WiFi password, your internet connection will be lost until you enter the new WiFi password to the PC.
- Open a web browser of your preference and type http://192.168.0.1.
- Login to the router with the username and the password located on the label down the router.
- After you are logged in and you see the main screen, you have to select the Wireless Setup button.
- Then you have to choose the network that you want to change, in this example, we are showing the 2.4 GHz network, after this, just select the Wireless Security button.
- As soon as you get into the Wireless Security option, you will be able to change either the SSID (Network Name), the Security Type, Encryption Type, and also the Password of the network you are trying to change.
- Remember that you can decide either to use a default security key or create a custom one. If you want to have a default password you select Use Default Security Key/Passphrase. In the other side, if by any chance you decide to create a custom password, you will have to select Use Custom Security Key/Passphrase and then you just have to enter it in the box.
- After all this process, remember to Apply the changes to save all the settings you have done.
Have in mind that the password you are going to create has to meet some requirements:
- Should be a password with 8-63 characters.
- It can be a number between 0-9.
- Should be any letter between A-Z.
- The space key also counts as a character.
Also, have in mind that you can change the settings for the 5.0Ghz network at any time, and the process will be the same after you select the 5.0Ghz network instead of the 2.4Ghz.
After all this, I have a surprise for you. You can see the next posts similar to this one, in order to know more about the Actiontec routers: