The Pace 5268AC is a device based on ADSL technologies that works on 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless networking. The incremented range in this model helps increase the coverage over your home, so no cold spots. A good feature of the Pace 5268AC is that comes with an integrated battery in case of a power emergency.
How to enter to your Pace 5268AC
- Open your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc).
- Add this IP address 192.168.1.254.
- After that, you will get to the main web page. Username and password are no a requirement to log in.
Changing your password on your main system (Pace 5268AC)
- Once in, go and click on the Settings tab.
- Click on the System info tab.
- Next, you should click on Password.
- Then, type on the option that says Enter Current Password, you should see on the rear of your device a printed label.
- Now Select Create or Edit a Custom Password.
- Then you need to Enter the new password, reconfirm it and it is up to you if you want to fill in the Enter a Password Hint option.
- Finally, click on Save.
How to change your WiFi name (SSID) on your Pace 5268AC
- On the home page, head to Settings.
- Then click LAN.
- Next Wireless.
- When you see Network Name (SSID), there you can add a new name.
- Click Save to finish.
Choosing your WiFi security network on your Pace 5268AC
Once on the Wireless tab, the system will let you decide what kind of network is of your preference, you have many options.
- WEP-Open. Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP)
- WEP-Shared. Similar to WEP-Open
- WPA-PSK (TKIP) Wi-Fi Protected Access
- WPA-PSK (TKIP)
- WPA2-PSK (AES)
Selecting the number five is the best option since it has the most secure encryption protocol, so when you are done just press Save.
Change the wireless password on your Pace 5268AC
As mentioned before, when you go through the main page
- Go to Settings
- Then LAN
- Click on WiFi
- Select Use Custom Wireless Network Key
- Apply new changes
- And click Save
These are the steps needed to change or edit your wireless key of your router.You can visit our AT&T Page if you want to know more about other AT&T routers.